Stone-washing? Why Linen?
what is stone washing?
stone washed linen is describing quality linen that has been pre-washed prior to use.
to accelerate the garment wash effect and to give textile items an even more unique appearance actual stones are used in the manufacturing process. hence–stone washing. the linen fabric is being washed together with natural and man-made stones, such as pumice or volcanic rock in order to produce a worn-out appearance to a newly manufactured cloth.
our ring slings are being placed in a large industrial machine washer and filled with large stones. when wash cylinder starts rotating, it causes the linen items to be repeatedly pounded and beaten by stones riding up and down inside the drum. this way the stones abrade the fabric and we get that slightly worn-out, comfy and beautiful linen ring sling.
apart from the looks stonewashing also increases the softness and flexibility of the rigid fabric via softening the pure linen fabric and loosening the weave. The result is a slightly faded fabric color with a vintage feel. stone washed high quality linen has a more casual and comfortable look, which is really appreciated by the consumers.
stone washed linen is considered to be luxurious and seldom.
the care is very easy as stone washed linen can be machine washed, tumble dried and no ironing is needed – natural crumples only add to the beauty and comfort.
(stonewashed linen is a safe product for baby carriers, ours are quality tested and certified to standards in Germany, America/Canada and for the rest of the world. read more here)
beauty, strength, and versatility - no better words to describe this wonderful, all natural fabric!
- lots of support with little stretch
- our most breathable 100% natural fabric
- one of the strongest and most durable fibers on the planet - it never loses it´s shape
- higly recommended for kids and adults due to its non-allergic features and great microclimate for skin.
- linen is amazingly suitable for hot summer climates because of its cooling and refreshing effect. on the other hand, it has a warming effect in winter.
- flax absorbs sudden temperature changes and has outstanding moisture absorbance.
- linen also reduces radiation impact by half and protects from harmful ultraviolet radiation.
there are a lot more benefits from linen, we will tell you more by time! Enjoy your all natural linen product and remember that you are doing something good for our fantastic nature at the same time.