Merino Fine Yarn - Blooming Wild€15,90
Similar to a good wine, the colours of plant dyed yarns will vary depending on the water used for dyeing, the conditions the plants have grown in and as well will each skein take the colour differently.
50 g, approx. 200 m / 218 yds
Rec. Needle Size: 2.5 - 3 mm - US 1.5 - 2.5
100% Virgin Wool, Organic Merino
4 in: 28 stitches / 40 rows
Care Instructions: hand wash, dry flat
Estimated Delivery 2-10 business days
Our organic yarns are completely certified according to GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard. With GOTS you can be sure that
- the sheep do not have to suffer painful mulesing surgery
- no Sheep Dips with toxic chemicals are used, therefore the yarn is free from harmful residues
- the animals are not sent on slaughter transports under cruel conditions
- the sheep are kept according to organic farming standards
- the wool production does not pollute the environment with dangerous chemicals
- energy consumption is controlled and residual waters are cleaned professionally
- the workers are treated fairly and child labour is prohibited
- minimum wages and standardised working hours are met
Manx Loaghtan Sheep
With the purchase of this wool, you contribute directly to the protection of species. Our soft 100% organic mélange yarn is
- made from 72% finest Merino and 28% of the rare Manx Loaghtan wool
- a rarity, only available in a very small amount per year
Manx-Loaghtan is an endangered sheep breed. Today, Manx Loaghtan is bred only very rarely, because they do not fulfil the commercial requirements that dictate white wool and a faster growth of the lambs.
Because the sheep breed is so rare and, to our knowledge, there are only two sheep farms in the entire United Kingdom that keep Manx Loaghtan according to organic farming standards, the precious mélange yarn is also produced only in small amounts. Once it is out of stock, we have to wait for the next sheep shearing, which takes place only once per year.